Monday, July 18, 2011

Why Medical School is attractive to me

Why medical school and becoming a doctor would be awesome:

1. I could develop important, unique, and needed medical skills to use for impoverished populations. In certain developing countries, there is only one doctor for every half a million people. It would be worthwhile to use my MD degree to address some of the significant health needs of the people living there. With an MD, I could more easily create medical teams to accomplish specific health goals in countries or local populations.

2. With my interest and ability in science, research, psychology, use of languages, and education, medical school would be very interesting to me.

3. I would like a career that is challenging to me; a career path to become a doctor will definitely be challenging enough 

4. From my experiences, the relatively flexible schedule and hours of medical school will make me value my free time and really use it well.

5. Being a doctor opens doors for making greater change within the medical system, and having credibility for writing books on health or getting into medical school. I also have some ideas for improving the delivery of care, and the nature of the hospital experience for each patient. These goals would be more easily achieved by being a doctor.

6. I could network through many doctors and medical students, build new relationships, and learn new skills and ideas that I never would have known without going to medical school.

7. I love how medicine is ultimately about finding ways to improve the well being of people when they injured, sick, pain-stricken, or just plain feel bad.

8. It will allow me to have a greater influence on people because they will respect my opinion more regarding their personal health and lifestyle decisions if I am an MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment